Wednesday, December 24, 2008

hard candy christmas




First, I'm now consciously trying to integrate quirky faux fur into my wardrobe wherein quirky is defined as obviously fake. I need the distinction. If I wanted a snow leopard coat, well, let's just say maybe I had one in a former life and maybe in this one the perfect estate sale will present itself.

Second, let me introduce you to my favorite moccasins. Vintage minnetonka and technically owned by my mother. I've been borrowing them for three years now. I love them. These were purchased at a lovely flea market - Ola Padreta - which is now closed. They were purchased alongside the original pink moccasins which I have now purchased two replacements for in my normal adult size 5 mocassin foot instead of my kindergarder size whatever. But back to the white moccasins. They are perfection. The ankle zipper is the perfect zipper length and a nice old metal type. The fringe is fun and just the right length. My favorite parts though are the hand stitching and lack of hard sole.

jacket: faux fur, forever 21
tee: delias
jeans: delias
sunglasses: forever 21
shoes: vintage, minnetonka

1 comment:

yotababy said...

Those moccasins are very cute indeed!